Best Practices: Sermon Series
Best Practices: Productive Lives (Matthew 25:31-46)
Bring Glory To God
- We join the angels in honoring Jesus (Matt. 25:31)
- Our relationship to God is public (Matt. 25:32-33)
- We should live for God's approval (Matt. 25:34)
Act On Your Opportunities
- We meet people's physical needs (Matt. 25:35, 36)
- We meet people's social needs (Matt. 25:35c, 36c)
- We are serving Jesus, not people (Matt. 25:40)
Help Others To Know God
- Rebellious people will join the fallen angels (Matt. 25:41)
- Doing nothing is offensive to God (Matt. 25:42-45)
- Someday, it will be too late to change (Matt. 25:46)
- How can you help the helpless?
- Who can you serve who is "the least of these"?
- Who can you visit who is lonely?
Best Practices: Going With God (Psalm 119:9-16)
Memorize God's Word
- It _________ your mind (Ps. 119:9-10; Rom. 10:17)
- It keeps you from ___________ (Ps. 119:11, 105)
Listen to God's Thoughts
- __________ prepares us to learn (Ps. 119:12; Col. 3:5)
- The Holy Spirit _____________ us (Ps. 119:16; Jn. 14:26)
Keep Your Mind Occupied
- The mind of Christ is __________ (Ps. 119:14-15; 1 Cor. 2:16)
- An idol mind is the devil's workshop (Ps. 119:16; 1 Tim 5:13)
- When are you going to start meditating on God's word?
- What verse or passage do you want to memorize first?
Best Practices:Going Without For God (Ezra 8:21-23, 31-32; 10:1-4, 16-17)
To Humble Ourselves Before God
- Shows that we need God more that food (Ezra 8:21; Pro. 15:23)
- Shows that we are serious about repentance (Ezra 10:1-4; Neh. 1:4-7)
To Ask For Something Important
- Shows that we are trusting God (Ezra 8:21-23, 31-32)
- Sets us up for the unexpected (Eph. 3:20)
To Free People Who Are In Bondage
- It takes effort to unravel broken lives (Ezra 10:16-17)
- It takes patience and humility to help others (Gal. 6:1)
Getting Personal - Fast and Pray
- What is the reason that you want to fast?
- When are you going to fast and for how long